The BioCAT project – funded under FP7-SME-2011 - Activity 2.1: Research for SMEs – aims at the development of a new generation of biomass based room heating appliances. Full implementation of possible primary measures to reduce emissions and integration of a new oxidation catalyst system in existing or newly developed biomass combustion appliances will make the developed products defining a new standard in their class concerning gaseous and particulate emissions.
The project concept consists of the following major steps:
- Development of evaluation methods for combustion catalysts and for catalyst systems
- Performance analysis of the catalytic material
- Performance analysis of five considered log wood room heater
- Optimization of room heaters by primary measures
- Integration of catalyst system into room heaters and optimization of overall performance
- Evaluation and demonstration
The BioCAT team would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the project website. Here you will find background information on the project and details of the consortium partners, you will also be able to track the project’s progress, download data and results and contact us if you have any questions.
The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n°286978.